Got a mess on your hands and potential buyer is on the way? Are you digging through the cabinets and can’t find what you need? Take a look at these 8 simple cleaners you can make in a pinch with items you may already have in your cabinets or pantry!
- All Purpose Cleaner: Combine 2 cups water, ½ cup of white vinegar, 1 teaspoon of dish soap and 1 teaspoon of baking soda into a spray bottle and wipe down surfaces with a microfiber cloth.
- Bath and Shower Spray: 1 cup water, 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup dish soap will take care of scummy surfaces.
- Glass Cleaner: 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup water in a spray bottle will easily clean mirrors, windows and other glass surfaces in your home.
- Fabric Softener: Mix together 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup baking soda and pour 1 cup in the washer during the rinse cycle.
- Disinfectant: 1 cup water and 1 cup rubbing alcohol will easily kill germs on surfaces around your home.
- Wood Cleaner: Hardwood floors can be tough to clean. Thankfully, A mixture of 1 cup linseed oil and ½ cup lemon juice is an easy solution for buffing and adding shine to hardwood. Combine them in a spray bottle and wipe the surface with a microfiber cloth or mop pad.
- Fabric Refreshing Spray: Mix 3 tablespoons of scented fabric softener, 3 cups of hot water and 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a spray bottle and shake well. Now you are ready to deodorize couches, carpets, and other easily smelly surfaces!
- Jewelry Cleaner: 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, and 1 tablespoon of dish detergent combined in 1 cup of hot water will do the trick for polishing your jewelry. Just let them soak in the cleaning solution for 10-15 minutes and your pieces will be good as new.
These tips should have you on your way to a shiny, clean home and a stress-free day! Always remember to test small surfaces with your cleaning solutions before attacking it all at one time as a preventative measure to avoid further damage. Happy cleaning!