Things to do in the CSRA this Fall
This Saturday is the first official day of Fall, which means cooler weather and everything pumpkin spice is just around the corner. Are you looking for fun things to do with the family this season? Take a look at these ideas for things to do in the area that are sure to be fun and create new memories.
- The annual Fall Festival and Flea Market will be held at Fort Gordon’s Barton Field will be held September 28-29. Admission is free but be sure to bring some cash for the flea market and vendors at the festival!
- Harlem, Georgia is home to the Oliver Hardy Festival, which celebrates its 30th year on Saturday, October 6th. There will be a family-friendly parade starting at 10:00 AM and a day full of food vendors, handcrafted items and Laurel and Hardy impersonators.
- The famous Westobou Festival will be held October 3-7 in downtown Augusta. Art, culture and music are brought to life with events day and night that are sure to entertain the family.
- The Augusta Market on the River will happen in downtown Augusta every Saturday morning through November 17th. Here, you will find local artisans and chefs showcasing their creations for sample and purchase.
- Marvin United Methodist Church on North Belair Road is home to the Marvin Corner Pumpkin Patch, which starts October 7th and runs daily through Halloween. Admission is free and families can pick out a pumpkin of their choice for a small fee. There are play areas and photo backdrops for kids to enjoy.
- Across the river in North Augusta, South Carolina, your family is sure to enjoy the Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee. It will be held on Georgia Avenue October 26th and 27th. There will be live entertainment, a great variety of food, and more. Make sure the kids come in costume too for a costume contest!
- November 1-11, you can find the Columbia County Fair. Admission prices vary depending on the night and some nights will include unlimited ride specials. There will be musical guests and special exhibitions along with the classic fair food that everyone loves!