- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
This recipe was tested with Land O’Lakes light stick butter.
2/3 cup beef mixture with 3/4 cup noodles: 333 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.