Fall is a wonderful time to explore locally with family and friends. Check out these events happening around the CSRA this season:
- The city of North Augusta is hosting the 36th annual Jack-O-Lantern Jubilee on Saturday, October 30. There will be arts and crafts vendors, live music, food vendors, small amusement rides and more. Admission is free, but bring some money to support the vendors and businesses participating in the event! You can find more information here.
- The Ruth Patrick Science Center at USC- Aiken will be hosting their annual Science Education Enrichment Day (S.E.E.D.) on October 9 from 10:00-3:00. It is a free family-friendly event to celebrate innovations in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and more. There will be various exhibitors such as the National Wild Turkey Federation, Columbia Marionette Theatre, American Nuclear Society and Savannah Riverkeeper, just to name a few.
- College football fans will enjoy the Border Bash on Friday, September 17 at SRP Park in North Augusta. This fun event takes place each year to celebrate the rivalry game between the border teams, Georgia Bulldogs and South Carolina Gamecocks. You can find ticket info here.
- Arts in the Heart of Augusta takes place September 17-19 with a different layout and name- Arts City Festival. This is a miniature, scaled-back version due to pandemic concerns but there will still be more than 80 artist booths! Click here for tickets and more information.
- On October 2, the city of Harlem is holding the 32nd annual Oliver Hardy Festival after taking 2020 off. Admission to the festival is free but there will be vendors and food trucks to purchase from as well as a parade that celebrates the historic small town.
- The pinnacle of fall in the CSRA may be the Columbia County Fair. You’ll have a chance to visit November 4-14 and enjoy cozy fair food, fun rides and classic games. Visit their website here for ticket information and daily schedules.