Buying a new home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make in life. It can be a downright daunting process if you are not sure what to expect. Here at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Beazley, REALTORS®, we strive to make you as comfortable as possible during this exciting time. It’s the extra care and concern that we give to our first time homebuyers that makes us a cut above the rest. We’ll cover everything in-depth during our one-on-one consultation, but here is a quick overview of what you’ll need to know about the home buying process.
Before You Come See Us:
There are a couple steps you may take before beginning your epic house hunt.
- A Wishlist: First, we always tell buyers to make a list of criteria they’d like to have in their dream homes. Do you need access to the best schools? Is a kitchen island something you’ve always dreamt of? Are you looking for a spacious fenced-in backyard? How about a “man cave” or a side garage? It’s not always possible to find every wish in one house, but we will do our best to find places that match your specifications.
- A Preapproval: Next, it’s a good idea to check on your qualifying status by visiting your bank or local credit union to see how much “house” you can afford. The financial service provider will run a credit check and assess your FICO score to determine what your mortgage interest rate will be. Should you find a house you like, you can move toward the purchase right away without waiting for credit checks to go through. In some cases, we’ve seen couples win a bidding war on a home simply because they did the extra legwork beforehand.
What We Can Do For You:
- Provide Ethical Expertise: Going with a REALTOR® (rather than just a licensed real estate agent) ensures that you receive the best service. We adhere to a strict code of ethics and training. You want someone you can trust during the home buying experience – someone who has your best interest at heart. It’s also important to note that we have lived in the area for many, many years and know these neighborhoods inside and out.
- Find A Lender: Through our numerous connections, we can help you find a local lender with a reputation for lower-than-typical closing costs and prompt loan processing. We have experience helping buyers find VA, FHA, USDA and Conventional loans. If you have not saved up the 20 percent downpayment, we can help you apply for downpayment assistance.
- Access Available Homes: We’ll grab the keys and make appointments to show you homes that meet the criteria you want most. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Beazley, REALTORS® saves you time by only showing pre-qualified homes that appeal to discerning customers. If you see a “For Sale By Owner” property or an Open House you’d like to tend, just let us know and we’ll add it to the schedule.
- Negotiate The Sale: Your REALTOR® is your best asset at bargaining time. We will help you determine what your offer should be and if you should ask the seller to cover anything additional – like closing costs or repair work. We’ll provide information on home warranties, homeowner’s insurance, home inspections, appraisals, closing paperwork, and any other questions you may have along the way.
Ready To Get Started?
Homeownership brings you to a higher level of success. So be proud, enjoy your fabulous new home, and welcome to the American Dream!